Having a remarkable strategy without any remarkable content to support it is like picking out the bread for your sandwich and passing on the meats and cheeses. Your strategy is nothing without content and information to back it up and propel it forward.
Three reasons why it is essential to have remarkable content:
- It will attract links for other websites. This means that you are getting qualified visitors to your site, while at the same time letting Google know that you are an authoritative source worthy of ranking for important keywords.
- It is quickly and easily spread across social media sites. Remarkable content has a good chance of going viral these days if it reaches the hands of the right people on social media.
- It attracts industry influencers. Like the examples above, it’s important to develop relationships with industry influencers to help your thought leadership gain authority.
Now that we know WHY remarkable content is so important to your marketing strategy, let’s explore HOW we can generate it. Here’s a quick start guide for getting started:
- Be adventurous. When you first get started creating your content, try out different types of content to see what works best. For example, you can try blogs, white papers, videos or webinars just to name a few. Different types of content will work differently for each market. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Be transparent. Your job is to provide content that is useful and relevant within your industry. Your customers will be delighted when you share “industry secrets” or “insider tips” about certain topics. Don’t stash all of your knowledge away, let it out and let your customers share it with their network of people. It will come back to you with more leads and more exposure.
- Be pliable. By this we simply mean that it is old school to be just a marketer or just a writer these days. The new role for marketers is to be half a marketer and half a publisher. Marketers are now responsible for not only knowing the best strategies and practices in the market, but for applying them in unique and innovative ways.
The last thing to keep in mind when getting started on creating content is to track your progress. The easiest way to do this is to track the number of websites linking to your website, the number of times someone shares your content on social media, and the number of pages on your site that have been indexed by Google.
Interesting in integrating remarkable content with social prospecting? Download the workbook to build your social prospecting strategy.